This role will be focused on advising, preparing and winning new small works tenders for the building department. You will need to assist as well as manage the production of tender documents, attend site visits and ultimately produce detailed and accurate estimates for both domestic and commercial projects up to approximately £1m in value.
We are currently seeking an Estimator to join our established and highly motivated team. With clear objectives and the support of your fellow colleagues, you will be part of a successful team contributing to the development of many varying projects across East Anglia.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a full programme of training and development opportunities for your ongoing development.
- Liaise and support client engagement before, during and following the tender process to fully understand the client’s requirements.
- Produce cost effective specifications and estimates based upon client enquiries and/or estimates.
- Prepare and ensure tender submissions are submitted accurately and on time.
- Engage with supply chain suppliers and subcontractors to obtain accurate quotes for materials and services to establish true cost estimates.
- Understand and scrutinise the supply chain suppliers and subcontractor quotations ensuring accuracy, value for money and resolve cost discrepancies whilst maintaining profitability.
- Understand and present financial overviews of tenders and their value for adjudication.
- Develop the Company’s current supply chain introducing new suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Help to develop new business by introducing new tender opportunities.
- Have a thorough understanding of project, scope of works and restrictions imposed by contractual requirements and site conditions.
- Prepare a handover pack and presentation for the construction team when handing over secured tenders.
- Work closely and assist with the pre-construction team on quality questions and further bid requirements.
- Assist with completing PQQs and ITTs.
- Communicate regularly and effectively to all team members.
- Help ensure that the Company maintains its image for quality and value for money.